- 4 pounds dark meat chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 (4 ounce) links sweet Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet, heat oil. Add 1/2 of the garlic. Season flour with poultry seasoning. Dredge chicken parts in flour, then brown in the skillet for 4 or 5 minutes. Add the sausage, and saute for a few minutes. Add the onion, carrots, mushrooms, rosemary and the remaining garlic. Stir all together.
Sign up now and get up to
Add the wine and tomatoes; stir. Cover and let simmer over low heat for 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and let simmer for another 10 minutes. Let cool covered for 10 minutes, then serve.