- 1 (16 ounce) jar applesauce
- 1 onions, quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 4 pork chops
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mesquite chips, soaked
In a medium bowl, combine applesauce, onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and white pepper. Refrigerate several hours, or overnight.
Sign up now and get up to
Season chops with garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
Sprinkle soaked wood over coals, or place in the smoker box of a gas grill. Lightly oil grate, and place chops on grill. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Serve with applesauce salsa.