- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning (such as Goya)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 3 whole russet potatoes
- 8 thick slices Italian bread
- 1 pound sliced pastrami (divided)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 8 slices tomato
Make the slaw by mixing together the cabbage, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, the vinegar, sugar, adobo seasoning, and black pepper until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Cut the potatoes into 1/4-inch thick fries, and fry until they float and are golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Set the fries aside.
Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
Place the bread on a baking sheet, and toast to a light brown in the preheated oven, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove half the bread slices. Place 1/4 of the pastrami on the remaining 4 bread slices, and top with provolone cheese. Return to the oven until the pastrami is hot and the cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes.
To assemble, top the melted cheese of each sandwich with French fries, cole slaw, 2 tomato slices, and the top pieces of bread.