- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese five-spice powder, or as needed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons Asian-style salad dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted almonds, chopped
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle both sides of the tilapia fillets with Chinese five-spice powder, salt, and black pepper; cook tilapia fillets in the skillet until lightly browned and the flesh is white and opaque, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
Sign up now and get up to
Place the spinach leaves into a large salad bowl, and top with the orange bell pepper, grapefruit, tomato, and avocado. Drizzle the salad with the Asian-style dressing, sprinkle with almonds, and top with the cooked tilapia fillets.