- Simple Beef Mixture:
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion, or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Tostada Shells:
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups refried beans
- 2 cups shredded lettuce, or as desired
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Mix garlic salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef, onion, and garlic in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Keep warm while preparing tostada shells.
Brush oil over both sides of tortillas and arrange on a baking sheet.
Bake tortillas in preheated oven until crisped on top, about 5 minutes. Flip tortillas and continue baking until other side crisps, 2 to 3 minutes more.
Heat refried beans in a saucepan over medium-low, stirring regularly until hot, about 5 minutes.
Divide refried beans between tostadas and spread over one side of each; spoon ground beef mixture over the beans. Top each tostada with lettuce, Cheddar cheese, and diced tomato.