- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup salsa, or to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow rice to stand covered for about 10 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Mix salsa with black beans in a microwave-safe bowl, and cook in microwave oven on high until hot, about 2 minutes; stir once or twice during heating.
Divide cooked rice into individual serving bowls.
Top the rice with black bean mixture, chicken strips, and Cheddar cheese; garnish with fresh cilantro and dollops of sour cream.