- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Idahoan Boxed Original Mashed Potatoes, dry
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Liberally spray six 6 oz ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter.
Alternative: Use a medium size stainless bowl that sits on top of a small saucepan (with water in saucepan) if you do not have a double boiler. Do not let any water get into the melting chocolate.
Sign up now and get up to
Remove from heat and cool.
In a large mixing bowl beat eggs with hand mixer for several minutes and thoroughly foamy.
Add sugar, dry mashed potatoes, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, espresso powder and salt. Beat a couple of minutes to mix.
Add the melted chocolate mixture and beat for five minutes. This recipe works best if lots of air is incorporated into the mixture to make the cakes light and airy.
Pour into ramekins. Do Not under bake or over bake the cakes. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Keep your eye on them; you want them to be molten (a bit soft in the middle), but not too much.
Let them rest a few minutes before serving. The center may sink a little – don't worry.
Run a thin knife around the inside edge to help release the cakes.
Top with powdered sugar and whip cream.