- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine or Marsala
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons adobo seasoning
Slice sausage lengthwise, then cut into 1/4-inch slices.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Brown sausage about 5 minutes. Stir in onion; cook 5 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and juices, tomato sauce, and sherry. Season with oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic powder, and adobo seasoning. Simmer, stirring occasionally, at least 10 minutes (1 hour or more is preferable).