- 3 pounds zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
Mix zucchini, water, chicken broth, onion, bacon, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil together in a large pot; bring to a boil and cook until the zucchini is tender, about 30 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Top with Parmesan cheese to serve.