- 3 eggs
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini pasta
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans small shrimp, drained and chopped, or more to taste
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sprig fresh dill for garnish, or as needed
- 1 sprig fresh parsley for garnish, or as needed
Place the eggs into a saucepan in a single layer and fill with water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil; remove from heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Drain the hot water; cool the eggs under cold running water in the sink. Peel and set aside.
Sign up now and get up to
While the eggs are cooking, fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the ditalini pasta, and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain. Rinse the pasta in cold water until cool and drain thoroughly.
In a large salad bowl, lightly toss the cooked ditalini, shrimp, celery, green onions, chopped dill, chopped parsley, lemon juice, and mayonnaise until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the hard-cooked eggs, and retain several pretty slices for garnish. Gently fold in the rest of the eggs. Arrange reserved egg slices, sprigs of dill, and parsley sprigs on top of the salad; chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.