- 4 andouille sausages, sliced
- 4 cups olive oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 12 quarts chicken broth
- 4 (12 ounce) bottles beer (such as Shiner Bock)
- 4 cups diced sweet onion
- 4 cups diced green bell pepper
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 4 cups frozen chopped okra
- 2 1/2 cups green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Creole seasoning (such as Tony Chachere’s)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 whole rotisserie chickens, meat shredded and bones discarded
- 4 pounds 100-count shrimp
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until evenly browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Whisk olive oil and flour together in a large stockpot over medium heat until mixture is thick and smooth. Cook and stir until mixture is browned and bubbling, 10 to 20 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
Slowly whisk chicken broth and beer into flour mixture; bring to a boil. Mix sweet onion, bell pepper, celery, okra, green onions, Creole seasoning, and parsley into broth.
Stir shredded chicken, shrimp, and sausage into vegetable-broth mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer, stirring often, until flavors blend and vegetables are tender, about 60 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.