- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Prepare pastry for two crust pies. Pick over and wash blueberries.
Combine sugar, flour, tapioca, spices, and salt; stir into blueberries. Add lemon juice and rind, and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Mix well, and turn into pastry lined 9 inch pie plate. Dot with small pieces of butter or margarine. Cover with top crust.
Place pie on lowest rack in preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 30 minutes longer. Serve warm or cold.