- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 (15.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups warm water (105 to115 degrees F/40 to 45 degrees C)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Combine 3 cups flour, cake mix, yeast, and salt in a large bowl; beat warm water into flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Mix remaining 1 cup flour into batter to make a soft dough.
Sign up now and get up to
Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth, 6 to 8 minutes. Roll dough into a 9×18-inch rectangle. Spread softened butter over dough and sprinkle evenly with sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into a log, starting with a long edge, and pinch edges together to seal.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
Cut dough into 1-inch thick slices and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Cover rolls and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 15 minutes.
Bake in the preheated oven until cinnamon rolls are lightly browned and cooked through inside, 15 to 18 minutes.