- 2 cups whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 asparagus spears, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken in hot oil until browned completely, 3 to 5 minutes. Add asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and mushrooms; continue to cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 5 minutes more.
Pour chicken broth over the vegetable mixture, place a cover on the skillet, and continue cooking until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir cooked pasta into the vegetable mixture; season with red pepper flakes and top with feta cheese.