- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups whole corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
Sign up now and get up to
Saute the onions, red bell peppers and garlic in the olive oil. Add the corn and continue to cook.
In a another saucepan bring the milk to a simmer and slowly stir in the cornmeal. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes constantly stirring until thick. Remove from the heat, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Whisk the egg and egg whites together and slowly add them to the cornmeal mixture. Stir in the onion mixture, shredded cheese and parsley into the cornmeal mixture. Spoon mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle top with more grated cheese and crushed corn tortilla chips.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until firm.