- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen spinach souffle, thawed
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
In a large bowl stir together the spinach souffle, rice, milk, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, onion, mustard and salt. Transfer mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish, and cover with aluminum foil or a lid.
Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the chicken breasts in oil until both sides are golden brown and the juices run clear. Arrange the chicken on top of the spinach mixture.
In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter or margarine and remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese; sprinkle over the chicken. Bake uncovered for an additional 25 minutes, or until the spinach mixture is set, the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.