- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 pound lean ground chuck
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach, squeezed dry, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, or more to taste
Beat eggs, basil, and oregano together in a bowl.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions with a pinch of salt in hot oil until onion is translucent, 4 to 6 minutes; add mushrooms with another pinch of salt. Saute mushrooms and onion until mushrooms are soft and brown around the edges, 4 to 6 minutes more.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir ground beef, pepper, and salt into the mushroom mixture. Cook and stir until meat is lightly browned and crumbly, 1 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat. Push all meat to one side of the skillet and tilt the skillet so that the excess grease runs down to the bottom of the pan. Use a paper towel to blot the grease.
Stir spinach into beef mixture and cook over medium heat until spinach is heated through, about 1 minute. Add eggs; cook and stir until eggs are set, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.