- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups water
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Brown the hamburger meat with onion and celery. Drain (if it is fatty hamburger meat).
Sign up now and get up to
Add water and carrots, then cook 'til carrots are beginning to get tender. The carrots will be crunchy unless you cook them a fairly long time.
Add leftover vegetables, macaroni, tomato sauce, Italian spices, and salt and pepper to taste, and simmer until the flavors blend and all ingredients are warm through.