- 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed unpeeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (32 ounce) carton Swanson Lower Sodium Beef Broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
Season the beef as desired.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned, stirring often.
Add the potatoes and carrots to the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the flour and cook and stir for 1 minute.
Stir in the broth, tomato paste and thyme and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 40 minutes or until the beef is tender, adding the green beans and peas for the last 20 minutes of the cooking time. Season as desired.