- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Creole-style seasoning
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Place flour into a resealable plastic bag and sprinkle with seasoning. Place 1 chicken breast at a time into bag, seal and shake to coat. Remove each breast, let sit for about 5 minutes, then place in bag, seal and shake again to coat well.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and fry until golden brown and juices run clear. Transfer chicken to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In same skillet saute mushrooms and onions in pan drippings; cook, stirring, until slightly tender. Stir in broth and wine, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over chicken, cover baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Mix together mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and sprinkle mixture over chicken. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) and bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.