- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can low-fat cream of celery soup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) fillets cod fillets
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
Sign up now and get up to
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish with some of the butter.
Stir tomatoes, cream of celery soup, and capers together in the prepared dish.
Bake tomato mixture in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Stir orzo into the tomato mixture.
Melt remaining butter with olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season cod with salt and pepper; fry in the butter mixture until browned, about 90 seconds per side. Transfer browned cod to the baking dish. Pour any drippings from the skillet over the cod fillets. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the cod.
Bake in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.