- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini (white) beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 anchovy filet
- 1 head escarole, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until bubbling and sizzling, about 20 seconds. Pour in chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid is reduced by half, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in red pepper flakes.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir in beans; bring to a boil and cook until you can see the tops of the beans just below the surface of the liquid, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in oregano, lemon zest, and anchovy filet. Simmer for 3 minutes.
Place escarole in bean mixture; reduce heat to low and stir until escarole wilts, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste; garnish with red pepper flakes and extra virgin olive oil.