- 1 large head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef
Combine cabbage, tomatoes with juice, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a large pot over low heat. Bring cabbage mixture to a simmer and crumble ground beef into the pot. Cover and cook until cabbage is tender and ground beef is cooked through, about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.