- 1 (3 pound) chicken – cooked, deboned and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
In a large bowl combine the chicken, onion, garlic, 2 tablespoons chili powder and salt. Add the tomatoes with chiles and the Cheddar cheese. Mix well.
Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with corn tortillas. Pour in the chicken mixture. Pour soup over all and spread. Sprinkle with additional chili powder for topping. Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Let cool and serve with dollops of sour cream.