- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- 10 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 cups cooked great Northern beans
- 3/4 cup ditalini pasta
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Add green beans, peas, and zucchini; toss to coat vegetables with oil.
Sign up now and get up to
Slowly stream vegetable broth into vegetable mixture; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in rosemary and great Northern beans and bring back to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Add ditalini pasta and simmer soup until pasta is tender but firm to the bite and soup has thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
Ladle soup into serving bowls and top each serving with 1 heaping tablespoon Parmesan cheese; season with salt and black pepper. Garnish soup with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.