- 1 tablespoon lemon-infused olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves stripped and finely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup instant polenta
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup canned dice tomatoes, mostly drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, bell pepper, garlic, and oregano in the hot oil until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
Pour water into a pot and bring to a boil; add polenta and a pinch of salt. Whisk and cook polenta until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Spread and flatten polenta into a 9-inch pie plate, forming a crust. Cool to room temperature.
Layer diced tomatoes into the cooled crust; top with onion mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over filling.
Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.