- 8 cups water
- 1 cup large brown lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups thinly sliced Swiss chard
- 4 large potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Cook lentils in boiling water until beginning to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Add chard; continue cooking until wilted, about 5 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Add potatoes to the boiling water, reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and cook until the potatoes are completely cooked, about 12 minutes.
Mix lemon juice, crushed garlic, and salt together in a bowl; add to the pot. Continue to cook at a simmer another 5 minutes. Stir olive oil into the mixture. Increase heat to high and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.