- 3/4 pound thickly sliced pancetta
- Olive oil, or as needed
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 3 bunches fresh asparagus, diagonally sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Arrange pancetta on the prepared baking sheet.
Sign up now and get up to
Bake in the preheated oven until pancetta is crispy, about 20 minutes. Remove pancetta to a cutting board and chop. Pour the drippings on the baking sheet into a skillet; add olive oil to skillet.
Heat drippings and olive oil in the skillet over medium heat; cook and stir shallots, asparagus, tarragon, and pancetta in the hot drippings-oil mixture; season with salt and pepper. Cover skillet and cook until asparagus is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.