- 4 ears corn, kernels cut from cob
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 red potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Combine corn kernels and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a baking dish; stir to coat corn kernels in oil.
Roast corn in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, carrot, celery, and garlic in the olive oil until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir chicken broth, roasted corn, potatoes, light cream, cream-style corn, parsley, salt, and pepper into the vegetable mixture; bring to a boil.
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat; stir flour into melted butter and whisk until a paste forms and begins to thin, about 5 minutes.
Stir roux into the chowder; continue cooking until chowder is thickened, about 30 minutes.