- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 loaves French bread, cut diagonally into 1-inch slices
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Mix tomatoes, eggplant, onion, mint, basil, and garlic powder in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid has evaporated, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Sign up now and get up to
Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet.
Toast bread slices in the preheated oven until crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Let cool slightly.
Spoon tomato mixture onto each toasted bread slice; sprinkle with goat cheese.
Broil in the preheated oven until goat cheese is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.