- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 turnips, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Place carrots, parsnips, and turnips into a pot and cover with cold, lightly salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until a fork easily breaks apart the vegetables, about 25 minutes; drain. Return vegetables to the pot.
Sign up now and get up to
Mix butter, cream, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper into vegetables; roughly mash together with a potato masher until vegetables are broken down but individual colors are still visible.