- 1 recipe Fast Chicken Soup Base
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh lime wedges
Prepare Fast Chicken Soup Base. Bring to a simmer.
Sign up now and get up to
Add these, then simmer until tender, 10-20 minutes: 2 16-ounce cans black beans, drained; 1 10-ounce package frozen corn; 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes; 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced; 2 Tbs. Ground cumin; 2 tsps. Chili powder.
Before removing from heat, stir in: 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
Final touch: Add salt and pepper, to taste. Serve soup with tortilla chips, grated Monterey Jack cheese and fresh lime wedges.