- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Sign up now and get up to
Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Stir in dry ingredients 1/2 cup at a time. Add almonds, if desired.
Roll into one inch balls and arrange 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 11 to 14 minutes.
Cool and store in airtight containers for 3 days to mellow flavors.