- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 onions, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups uncooked rice
In a large pot over medium high heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes. Add the onions and garlic and saute for 5 to 10 more minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Add the pork and beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, chili powder, beer and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir thoroughly and reduce heat to medium low.
Cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Cook the rice according to package directions. Serve the chili over the rice.