- 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 apple – peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream, or to taste (optional)
Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apple, and sprinkle with salt, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Stir in the almonds; cook and stir until the apple is hot and beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in the almond milk and half-and-half cream; continue cooking until hot. Stir in the hot quinoa, and cook a few minutes before serving.