- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
Sign up now and get up to
To make crust: In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, 2 cups of the flour, and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Scrape mixture into the pan and smooth. Bake 15 minutes.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. Grate the rind of the lemon and add the rind, along with 6 tablespoons of lemon juice, to the egg mixture. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour and the baking powder over the mixture. Fold in the nuts and mix until well blended. Pour the lemon mixture into the crust.
Bake for another 35 minutes, until filling is set. Let cool before cutting.