- 2 (49.5 fluid ounce) cans chicken broth, divided
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package mild Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, chopped
Pour 1 can broth into a small saucepan and add tortellini; bring to a boil. Cook tortellini until tender yet firm to the bite, about 5 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir sausage, onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning until sausage is browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes. Add tortellini-broth mixture, remaining can of broth, tomato puree, and spinach to sausage mixture; cover stockpot and simmer until flavors blend, about 30 minutes.