- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
Preheat 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
Sign up now and get up to
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter till lightly browned. Pour into medium sized bowl. Stir in the egg white, sugar and vanilla. Combine the flour cocoa, and salt; mix into the butter mixture. Fold in chocolate. Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool and dust with confectioners' sugar.