- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup pickled pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Pulled Pork:
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 cups barbeque sauce
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 4 Italian-style hoagie buns, split lengthwise and toasted
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
Combine coleslaw mix, pepperoncini peppers, red onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon granulated garlic, Dijon mustard, white sugar, salt, 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion, and lemon pepper in a large bowl. Toss until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Sign up now and get up to
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
Combine kosher salt, black pepper, 2 tablespoons granulated garlic, 2 tablespoons granulated onion, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
Place pork shoulder in a large roasting pan. Rub with 1/4 cup molasses on all sides and between any crevices. Sprinkle with kosher salt seasoning mixture and rub over all sides.
Cover pan tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil and roast pork in the preheated oven until tender and a thermometer inserted reaches 200 degrees F (95 degrees C), 3 to 4 hours. Transfer pork to a cutting board, reserving pan juice, and allow to cool slightly before pulling. Using two forks, shred the pork shoulder into bite-size pieces. Transfer meat to a large bowl and toss with some of the pan juices to keep it moist.
Pour reserved pan juices into a large pot over medium heat. Add barbeque sauce, coffee, 1 tablespoon molasses, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, dry mustard, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and cook for 15 minutes. Add shredded pork and stir until warm, about 5 minutes.
Fill each hoagie bun with pork mixture. Top with 1 to 2 cups coleslaw. Garnish with 1 tablespoon onion and 1 tablespoon jalapeno.