- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Whisk together the eggs, milk, salsa, bell pepper, onion, and Mexican-style cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in the taco seasoning, then spread the meat mixture into the pie crust. Pour the egg mixture over the beef.
Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool for 10 minutes before serving warm.