- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup beef broth
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until meat is browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; drain excess grease. Mix ketchup, dried onion, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, smoke flavoring, and garlic into beef, stirring until brown sugar has dissolved.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir beef broth into beef mixture and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until thick, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.