- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split and toasted
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add celery and onion; cover skillet and cook until celery and onion are tender, about 5 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir tomato soup, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce into ground beef mixture; season with taco seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Simmer mixture, stirring frequently, until flavors have blended, 15 to 20 minutes.
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil; boil hot dogs in the boiling water until cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove hot dogs from water using thongs.
Place each hot dog into a toasted bun; top each hot dog with ground beef mixture.