- 1 tablespoon flaked sea salt
- 2 teaspoons finely cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – trimmed and cut into quarters
- 1 pound broccoli florets, cut in half
- 3 small carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick-sized pieces
Stir together the sea salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, five-spice powder, and paprika in a shallow bowl until blended.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Gently press both sides of the chicken pieces into the seasoning mix, and place into the hot skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally to flip the chicken pieces over, until the chicken is browned on both sides and the meat is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and carrots, and cook and stir until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.