- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan; stir couscous into the boiling water and cook until couscous absorbs all the water and is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat; cook and stir onion, shallot, and garlic in the hot oil until onion is lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir raisins, sun-dried tomatoes, and almonds into onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Stir couscous into onion-raisin mixture; cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season couscous mixture with salt and pepper; add lemon juice. Remove skillet from heat and stir butter into couscous mixture.