- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound cubed lamb stew meat
- 1 pound cubed pork stew meat
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium turnip, quartered and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place 1 onion in skillet, and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mix in garlic. Cook and stir until tender. Mix in the lamb and pork, and cook until evenly brown. Reduce heat to low, and pour in beef broth. Simmer 30 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Transfer the skillet mixture to a large pot. Mix in the carrots, turnip, parsnips, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, green bell pepper, remaining onion, and celery. Pour in the beer. Cover, and cook 2 hours over low heat.
Remove 1/2 cup stew liquid. Stir potatoes into pot, and continue cooking 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. About 15 minutes before serving, mix cornstarch into the reserved liquid. Stir into the stew to thicken.