- 1 (1 pound) loaf bread, thickly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled, or more to taste
- 1 fresh tomato, halved, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
Sign up now and get up to
Toast bread slices until golden and crunchy, 3 to 5 minutes.
Rub toasted bread with garlic cloves until evenly covered; rub with cut side of tomato until evenly covered. Spread olive oil evenly over slices with a pastry brush or by hand. Season with salt and pepper.