- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled – divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups.
Mix hash brown potatoes, salt, black pepper, olive oil, and 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese in a bowl. Divide mixture between prepared muffin cups and use your fingers to shape potato mixture into nests with hollows in the middle.
Sign up now and get up to
Bake in the preheated oven until hash browns are browned on the edges and cheese has melted, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove hash brown nests.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Whisk eggs and water in a bowl until thoroughly combined; season with salt and black pepper. Pour equal amount of egg mixture into each nest; sprinkle with bacon crumbles and 1 teaspoon Cheddar cheese.
Bake in the oven until eggs are set, 13 to 16 minutes. Let cool in pans and remove by sliding a knife between potato crust and muffin cup.