- 4 ears corn on the cob with husks
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 Roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 pinch kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, or to taste
Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
Sign up now and get up to
Place ears onto the heated grill; roast corn until husks show burn marks on all sides and corn kernels are cooked through, about 20 minutes. Turn ears of corn often.
Let corn ears cool until they can be handled; pull back husks and cut the roasted kernels from the ears. Place kernels into a large salad bowl.
Lightly toss corn with black beans, plum tomatoes, green bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno peppers, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic. Pour tomato juice and tomato sauce over the salsa; toss again. Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
Chill salsa at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.