- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 8 slices day-old bread
Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat.
Sign up now and get up to
Whisk eggs, half and half, pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and walnuts together in a bowl. Soak one slice of bread at a time in the pumpkin mixture, then place in the prepared skilled. Repeat with the remaining slices of bread. Stir the pumpkin mixture between dips to keep the walnuts from settling. Cook the bread until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.