- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, combine 1 cup flour and the next six ingredients until well mixed.
Sign up now and get up to
In small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of flour and the remaining ingredients until well mixed (mixture will be crumbly).
Drop chocolate dough by teaspoonfuls, 1 inch apart, onto cookie sheet. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon of peanut-butter dough. Dip a fork into flour and press gently across top of each cookie.
Bake 12 minutes or until firm. Move cookies to racks; cool.